The County of Kaua‘i announced that vaccine appointments are available to residents aged 12 and older beginning Thursday, May 13, 2021.
For more details, please read the press release below.
Kaua‘i residents age 12 and older now eligible for vaccine
LĪHUʻE – The County of Kaua‘i announced that vaccine appointments are available to residents
aged 12 and older beginning Thursday, May 13, 2021.
The Pfizer vaccine received FDA Emergency Use Authorization on Monday and CDC approval
Wednesday for this age group.
Kaua‘i hospitals and the Līhuʻe Safeway and Līhuʻe Longs are now offering appointments to
residents 12 and older. Weekend and evening appointments are available at select locations.
Pfizer vaccine (age 12 and up):
• Wilcox (weekdays and Saturdays, daytime): http://WilcoxHealth.org/Vaccine
• Mahelona (Thursday, May 13, 3-7 p.m. & Tuesday, May 18, 3-7 p.m.): https://kauai.hhsc.org/
• KVMH (Friday, May 14, 3-7 p.m. & Monday, May 17, 3-7 p.m.): https://kauai.hhsc.org/
• Līhuʻe Safeway (seven days a week, daytime): https://www.safeway.com/pharmacy/covid-19.html [select Lihue location for 12-17 years old]
• Līhuʻe Longs/CVS (seven days a week, day and evening):
The Moderna and Johnson & Johnson vaccines remain available to residents aged 18 and older at pharmacy and clinic locations.
Ho‘ola Lahui is now offering appointments to all Kaua‘i residents 18+ at their clinics, including those who are not current patients.
Moderna vaccine (age 18 and up):
• Kapa‘a Safeway: https://www.safeway.com/pharmacy/covid-19.html (seven days a
week, daytime) [select “Two Dose COVID Vaccine Appt – Dose 1” for Moderna]
• Ele‘ele Longs: https://www.cvs.com/immunizations/covid-19-vaccine [select Ele‘ele
location for Moderna]
• Walmart (seven days a week, daytime & early morning):
• Kaiser Permanente Līhuʻe Clinic (weekdays, 9-11 a.m.):
• Līhuʻe Pharmacy Clinic (Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, 5-7 p.m.): Call (808) 246-9100
• Ho‘ola Lahui, Waimea and Kapa‘a clinics: Call (808) 938-0938 [open to all residents age 18+, including those who are not current patients]Johnson & Johnson vaccine (age 18 and up):
• Costco (weekdays, daytime): https://www.costco.com/covid-vaccine.html
• Kapa‘a Safeway (Thursday, May 13, & Saturday, May 15, daytime):
https://www.safeway.com/pharmacy/covid-19.html [select “Single Dose COVID Vaccine
Appt Johnson and Johnson”]
Veterans and their spouses and caregivers, and recipients of Civilian Health and Medical
Program of the Department of Veterans Affair benefits, can get vaccine through the VA by visiting https://www.va.gov/health-care/covid-19-vaccine/stay-informed or calling 1-800-214-1306.
For more information on vaccines on Kaua‘i, please visit: http://www.kauai.gov/vaccine.
People who are fully vaccinated and received their vaccine in the State of Hawai‘i can now use their vaccine record to travel interisland and be exempt from Safe Travels mandatory quarantine.
Travelers are considered fully vaccinated on the 15th day after the completion of their vaccine dose(s).
For program rules and additional information, visit: https://hawaiicovid19.com/travel/faqs/.
Last modified: May 12, 2021