Restaurant Revitalization Fund:
**The application for the Restaurant Revitalization Fund opens on Monday, May 3rd.
This program will provide restaurants with funding equal to their pandemic-related revenue loss up to $10 million per business and no more than $5 million per physical location. You can read the full details about the grant on the SBA website: www.SBA.gov/restaurants
Eligible entities who have experienced pandemic-related revenue loss include:
- Food stands, food trucks, food carts
- Bars, saloons, lounges, taverns
- Snack and nonalcoholic beverage bars
- Brewpubs, tasting rooms, taprooms*
- Breweries and/or microbreweries *
- Wineries and distilleries *
- Inns *
- Licensed facilities or premises of a beverage alcohol producer where the public may taste, sample, or purchase products
*(onsite sales to the public comprise at least 33% of gross receipts)
Beginning Monday, May 3rd, eligible businesses can apply directly through an SBA online application portal or through SBA-recognized Point of Sale Restaurant Partners. You can prepare to apply for the grant by reviewing the program guide and this sample application.
If you have questions about this program, there are several resources that can help:
- SBA application tutorial – You can access the recorded video here which walks you through the application process. In the video, they cover many questions you may have and will hopefully make you feel “ready” to apply.
- Altres recently interviewed Mark Spain to give an overview of the program. You can watch the recorded version here.
- SBA Hawaii is hosting a live webinar on Tuesday, May 4th – register for this webinar here.
- SBDC Hawaii offers one on one assistance – call 808-241-3148 or email [email protected].
Last modified: April 30, 2021