On Dec 27th, President Trump signed the most recent federal stimulus package. The $900 billion dollar stimulus package does not include direct funding to the County, but there is significant help to residents impacted by the pandemic. Some of the benefits in the stimulus package include:
- $600 direct cash payments for individuals (eligibility is limited based on 2019 AGI)
- An extension of the moratorium on evictions until Jan 31, 2021 and rental assistance.
- An extension of unemployment benefits for 11 weeks
- An extension of the additional weekly $300 unemployment supplement for 11 weeks.
- Funding for a new round of the Paycheck Protection Program.
- Support for schools, small businesses, nursing homes, and childcare.
- Funding for COVID-19 testing and vaccine distribution
Last modified: December 28, 2020