The County of Kaua‘i shared the following press release with information about free training opportunities for landlords and tenants to learn about the most current federal and state Fair Housing laws.
Kaua‘i County Housing Agency offering free Fair Housing training in April
LĪHU‘E – As part of National Fair Housing Month in April, the Kaua‘i County Housing Agency, along with other state and county agencies, will be providing free training opportunities for landlords and tenants to learn about the most current federal and state Fair Housing laws.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, this year’s training will be held virtually via Cisco Webex Meetings
at the following schedule.
- • April 1, 2021 – 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. – Fair Housing 101: An Overview
• April 8, 2021 – 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. – Eviction Moratorium and Fair Housing Experts Panel
• April 15, 2021 – 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. – Race, Color & National Origin: Fair Housing Protections
Training and Panel Discussion
• April 22, 2021 – 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. – Sex, Gender, Familial Status: Fair Housing Access and
• April 29, 2021 – 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. – Disability & Reasonable Accommodation
The theme for this year’s Fair Housing Month is “More than Just Words.” Experts from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), Hawai‘i Civil Rights Commission (HCRC) and Legal Aid Society of Hawai‘i will present the most current information and answer questions regarding the most current federal and state Fair Housing laws. Various topics will be covered in each weekly session. To sign up for these free sessions, please register online starting Monday, March 22, at www.kauai.gov/housing.
If you need an auxiliary aid/service or other accommodation due to a disability, you may request this when you register. Requests made as early as possible will allow adequate time to fulfill your request. Upon request, this notice is available in alternate formats such as large print, Braille, or electronic copy. If you have any questions, please contact Jocelyn Marie at 241-1977
Last modified: March 23, 2021